In stock (can be backordered)
This sparkling rosé of cab franc has aromatics of lemon blossoms and strawberry, the palate shows lovely minerality and fine bubbles, with underripe strawberry, peach, and orange peel, with a lingering bright grapefruit on the finish.
This sparkling wine is a base of 85% Coombsville Cabernet Franc rosé, made from the grapes that go into Poe Wine’s Ultraviolet Cabernet Sauvignon. The remaining 15% is French Colombard from Mendocino. They have been making Champagne method sparkling wines for six years, and decided to make a playful, fruit driven California sparkling, by utilizing the Charmant method. As oppose to fermenting in bottle, we took our sparkling base and instigated a second fermentation in stainless steel utilizing yeast and sugar. It is the same process as Champagne method, but a different vessel. The fermentation was kept cold, and lasts seven weeks. After a few months of rest, they bottled under cork. The dosage is 5 grams per liter.